Targeting to Study Abroad? How do you plan for it?
If you are targeting to study abroad what should you do to ensure to get admitted. Plan for studies abroad ahead of time with some simple steps.
- Choose the country abroad where you want to study – India, Europe, US
- Pick the specialization or interest for studying abroad– eg.
Engineering, Political Science
- Grade are important – 9th -11th grade matter for US and Canada. 12th grade results UK and Singapore for overseas studies
- SAT Preparation – Different countries has different rules for studying abroad US mandates, Singapore and Hong Kong also prefer these, Some colleges in Canada do as well.
- Sports and extra-curricular achievements also important – No matter which country Level of Achievement in any sport or extra curricular help with admissions
- Finances – Make sure before applying you know if you have enough finances to support college you are paying for, calculate cost of living as well of the country you wish to study.
- Competitive exam preparation is mandatory for Indian premier institutes in India as well.
- Good counseling sessions help you understand your true inclination. Ensure you have good counselor that will tell you what are mandates of studying abroad. EdVantage International is a good site to help for counselling to study abroad
- Hands-on learning and innovative thinking. Most colleges abroad have a different style of thinking they expect you to understand and innovate. Ensure you look at IB or IG curriculum and do more hands on
- Make a file of portfolio of academic and non academic activities this will help you immensely during the the applications for studies abroad